Argumentative (or controversial)
Our tutors will
mark compositions written and e-mailed to them at email@example.com. This service is provided free of charge.
They will assess the composition and make
recommendations to improve your language, content and style. Please provide a
return e-mail address so that their recommendations can be sent to you.
For each composition, you are advised to
spend about 60 minutes and write between 350 and 600 words.
1. Young people have more problems than
adults. Do you agree?
2. The advantages and disadvantages of being
an only child.
3. Should all school subjects and activities
be compulsory or should you have a choice?
4. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of
living in the city.
5. The pervasive use of Singlish has adversely
affected the standard of English in Singapore.
6. You have been appointed the head prefect of
your school. Discuss your plans to take the school into the
7. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of
eating at a fast food restaurant.
8. Should teenagers work part-time while still
If you can, avoid doing argumentative topics in